Theme: UBUNTU: Humanity To Others
I am what I am because of who we all are.
Lunch Hour Sessions
Mondays 12pm – 1pm
- February 5th Music & Entertainment History under the theme: “Harmony of Heritage”
- February 7th “Sisters’ Voices: Empowering Dialogues for Black History Month”
- February 12th A Culinary tribute to Black History under the theme: “Soulful Flavors”
- February 19th “Elegance in Ebony: A Fashion Odyssey Celebrating Black History”
- February 26th “Sisters’ Voices: Empowering Dialogues for Black History Month”
“Friday Grooves: A Black Music Extravaganza”
Every Friday at 5pm
- February 2nd
- February 9th
- February 16th
- February 23rd
- February 29th
Celebrating Black History Month: Join Us in Honouring the Past and Shaping the Future
Black History Month is celebrated in Canada to recognize and honor the contributions and achievements of people of African and Caribbean descent to the country’s history, culture, and society. The observance serves to acknowledge the integral role that Black Canadians have played and continue to play in shaping the nation.
Black History Month provides an opportunity to highlight the experiences and struggles of Black Canadians throughout history, including their contributions to various fields such as politics, the arts, science, and social justice. It also serves as a platform for educating people about the history of Black communities in Canada, including their experiences with slavery, racial discrimination, and their ongoing fight for equality and social justice.
By celebrating Black History Month, Canada aims to promote inclusivity, diversity, and understanding among its citizens, and to ensure that the stories and achievements of Black Canadians are recognized and appreciated. It provides a platform for learning, reflection, and dialogue on the importance of respecting and celebrating the diversity of Canadian society.
As February approaches, we’re excited to invite you to join us in commemorating Black History Month—an opportunity to celebrate the rich heritage, achievements, and resilience of the Black community.
What to Expect
– Inspirational speakers sharing impactful stories
– Engaging discussions on Black history and its significance
– Opportunities to connect and learn from one another
- This is more than an event; it’s a chance to foster understanding, embrace diversity, and be part of a community dedicated to positive change.
- Let’s honour the past, celebrate the present, and work towards a future where unity and equality flourish. We look forward to your presence.