COVID-19 Vaccines Update
As we enter into spring, the government of Ontario is also launching Phase 2 of vaccinations, and we are part of it! If you are looking for more information on how to book your vaccination date and on Ontario’s Plan for Phase 2. Read more
Self-Management and Recovery Training (SMART) is a global community of mutual-support groups. At meetings, participants help one another resolve problems with any addiction (to drugs or alcohol or to activities, such as gambling or over-eating). Read more
Do you need help coping with COVID?
Come learn new ways to deal with the Pandemic Streess and New Life Skills with AYS on Zoom!
No Experience Needed! Your confidentiality will be respected, and you can go at your own pace!
Classes of 45 minutes, happening by-weekly. Read more
Hours of operation
PWA is in lockdown – Current Hours and Services
The Ontario government moved the entire province into a state of emergency to curb the spread of COVID. Because PWA is an essential service, we will remain during the current state of emergency.
Here’s what remains the same during Ontario’s state of emergency:
- Public Hours: Our public office hours, when you can come to the PWA office , will
continue to be: Monday 12pm-4pm, Tuesday closed to the public, Wednesday 12pm4pm, Thursday 12pm – 4pm and Friday 12pm-4pm
- Essentials Market: you can come to the Essentials Market every week and EM hours
will still be Wed, Thu and Fri 12pm-4pm
- Financial Assistance: you can pick-up financial assistance cheques (or call and ask us to mail them) and drop-off receipts (you can also take a photo and email them to Bill or Rajesh)
- Harm Reduction: you can pick-up harm reduction and safer sex supplies on the 2nd floor (During office hours)
- Staff Email and Phone Availability: You can continue to email and phone any PWA staff during the hours of 10am-6pm Monday- Thursday and Friday from 9am-5pm
- Wearing Masks: Everyone will need to wear a mask (masks are provided if you need one) and sanitize their hands when they come to PWA.
- COVID Screening: Everyone who comes to PWA and will be in the office for more than 15 minutes will need to complete a COVID screening assessment.
Looking for information about HIV/AIDS testing and services?
Visit our Links page for a comprehensive list of local, provincial, and national organizations.
Visit the Sexual Health InfoLine Ontario (SHILO) https://sexualhealthontario.ca/ (416) 392-2437 or 1 (800) 668-2437 (formerly the AIDS and Sexual Health Info Line)
CATIE (www.catie.ca) for content related to HIV education and treatment
Gay Men’s Sexual Health:www.gmsh.ca
African and Caribbean Council on HIV in Ontario: www.accho.ca
Women and HIV/AIDS Initiative: www.whai.ca
HIV Resources Ontario: www.hivresourcesontario.ca/
Hello Ontario http://helloontario.info/