Make a positive difference through a gift in your Will
We know that many people like to make gifts to charity in their Wills to leave a legacy and make a positive difference. We created the “Leave a Positive Legacy Society” to recognize the positive difference donors who remember PWA in their Wills make.
How will my gift be used?
A gift in your Will provides support, care and resources to people living with HIV/AIDS. We recognize that Leave a Positive Legacy Society members are leaving a gift in their Will thanks to a lifetime of work. We want to ensure that your gift makes a positive difference for years to come.
You can choose to support PWA in one of two ways with your gift through your Will. You gift can:
- Provide life-changing support, services and comfort to people living with HIV/AIDS
- Capitalize PWA, by building up funds to invest in change, equipment or research and ensure the mission can advance when investments are required
How do I Leave a Positive Legacy?
Joining the Leave a Positive Legacy Society is easy. By remembering Toronto People with AIDS Foundation in your Will, you are eligible to become a member. Simply complete the confidential pledge form and send it to Mike Twamley, PWA, 200 Gerrard Street E, 2nd fl., Toronto, ON M5A 2E6, or scan and email it to email@example.com.
How do I leave a gift in my Will?
For the purpose of remembering PWA in your Will, the full legal name is “Toronto People with AIDS Foundation” and the charitable registration number is 13111 3151 RR0001.
Sample clauses for your Will:
- To leave a percentage of the amount of your estate after all debts, expenses and specific bequests have been honoured (or residual bequest): “I give to Toronto People with AIDS Foundation (charitable registration # 13111 3151 RR0001), or its successor, xx% of the residue of my estate.”
- To leave a specific amount or gift (specific bequest): “I give to Toronto People with AIDS Foundation (charitable registration # 131113151 RR0001), or its successor, the sum of $xxxxx.”
Membership in the Leave a Positive Legacy Society includes:
- The satisfaction of knowing that your generosity will provide life-changing support, services and comfort to people living with HIV/AIDS
The opportunity to highlight, on the Leave a Positive Legacy Society web site, a loved one, anecdote or story that inspired you to support PWA (in 2018)
- A Leave a Positive Legacy Society lapel pin, to wear proudly to proclaim your generous and thoughtful support
- A personalized Leave a Positive Legacy Society certificate
- Formal invitations to special Toronto People with AIDS Foundation events
- With your permission, acknowledgement of your generosity where we recognize our Leave a Positive Legacy Society members such as our newsletter and on-line
To obtain information about the Leave a Positive Legacy Society, call Mike Twamley at 416-506-1400, 239 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We recognize that this is a thoughtful gesture that can take time and deliberation. We are grateful for the confidence you have placed in us and we will work to continue to deserve that trust.
When PWA was founded in 1987, we responded to a crisis. While the circumstances surrounding HIV/AIDS have changed significantly, we are faced with new challenges. Who knows what the challenges may be years from now? With your support through the Leave a Positive Legacy Society, we will be able to continue to meet the challenges or respond to new opportunities, whatever they may be.
The legal stuff:
The amount and the purpose of your gift are strictly confidential and will not be disclosed publicly without your express permission. A Will is a legal document. Consequently, we strongly encourage you to seek legal estate planning advice from a qualified professional if you are making a Will or changing your Will. We’d be pleased to confer with you and your counsel to help draft bequest clauses. All calls will be kept confidential.
If you live in the United States, we can discuss the method by which you can join the Leave a Positive Legacy Society and benefit from a charitable bequest in your estate planning in the US.
Considering other gift types? Or want to discuss other matters?
If you are considering other types of gifts such as life insurance, gifts of securities, charitable gift annuities, or other types of gifts, we will be delighted to discuss these with you. You can reach Mike Twamley at 416-506-1400, ext 239, via email at email@example.com. If you prefer, you can fill out this form and submit it.