Position: Philanthropy & Administration Coordinator
Department: Finance & Administration
The Philanthropy & Administration Coordinator provides administrative support to the agency, particularly financial and donor database systems. This creates the opportunity for critical contribution to the efficiency, accuracy, reconciliation and insight for donor stewardship and financial accountability of the agency.
The Philanthropy & Administration Coordinator reports to the Director, Finance & Administration and works closely with the Director, Philanthropy & Communications and the Executive Director.
- Inputs financial assistance payments into client database (Penelope).
- Tracks and manages credit card receipts and reconciliations.
- Analyzes daily donations from PWA’s peer-to-peer fundraising platform (Artez) to determine donor information and account postings.
- Performs monthly reconciliation of Donor database and Accounting system.
- Completes agency bank deposits.
- Maintains agency petty cash including documenting disbursements and preparing month-end reconciliations.
- Prepares and distributes monthly financial binders to Management team.
- Supports distribution of Board Finance Committee materials.
- Donor Database Management
- Creates and maintains donor files.
- Ensures donor information is up to date for required reporting.
- Supports analysis and planning activities of the Philanthropy department.
- Participates in Philanthropy team meetings, contributing insight and perspective.
- Completes tax receipts and donor thank-you letters.
- Prepares database for donor mailings and creates mailing lists as required.
- Maintains current and accurate donor records from on-line donation systems (e.g. Canada Helps, Benevity, Global Giving, United Way).
- Supports the Executive Director in preparing, updating and maintaining Human Resource materials and requirements.
- Works with the Executive Director in providing effective, timely, professional and confidential administrative support to the Board of Directors.
- Manages required documentation of PWA’s membership.
- Contributes leadership coordination for agency AGM.
- Collects, manages and distributes daily incoming and outgoing mail.
- Manages requirements and distribution of agency keys.
- Supports the Management team in managing PWA’s room booking calendar and requirements.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Exceptionally well organized with keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- High degree of expertise with donor database software such as GiftWorks.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential and sensitive materials and information in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Capable of working independently, and as part of a team.
- Extensive knowledge of the complexity of issues relating to HIV/AIDS.
- Strong awareness of issues of diversity and accessibility.
- Superior proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and general computer aptitude.
- Minimum of two to four years of experience in database and finance administration.
- Experience with non-profit agencies, Boards and committees an asset.
- Post-secondary degree in a related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Deadline for submissions is 5pm: Friday January 19, 2018
Resumes may be submitted in confidence to:
Jon Wollaston, Director, Finance & Administration
(email): firstname.lastname@example.org (fax): 416-506-1404
(mail): 200 Gerrard St. E., 2nd Floor, Toronto, ON M5A 2E6
The Toronto People With AIDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people living with HIV to apply for this position.
Get a pdf version of this job posting.