PWA is proud to once again launch the Annual Joy Drive, our holiday food drive for the Essentials Market food bank.
PWA’s Essentials Market is the only food bank in Toronto that exclusively serves people living with HIV/AIDS (PHAs) and last year was a record high for donations of non-perishable food and personal hygiene products. For the past 9 years PWA’s Annual Joy Drive, a holiday food drive, has collected over 10 tons of much needed non-perishable goods that ensure PHAs get access to nutrition that keep them healthy.
Last year over 2 tons of food were collected and as visits to the Essentials Market are up 5%, we hope to exceed the 3 ton goal this year. In addition to the challenge of meeting dietary needs, clients express a growing need for personal health and hygiene products. Please help bring Joy to our food drive this year and drop off non-perishable food items and personal hygiene products at any of the 18 locations (listed below).
The Essentials Market is made possible by the generosity of individuals and organizations in our community! Thanks to our community partners for participating in the 2017 PWA Joy Drive and for making a positive difference in the lives of people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Fresh Co. @ 325 Parliament St.
- Pegasus Bar @ 489B Church St.
- Cycle solutions Downtown 444 Parliament Street
- Ryerson University @ the HIV Prevention Lab 105 Bond Street, Room 207
- Ryerson Psychology Department 350 Victoria Street, Jorgenson Hall, 9th Floor
- The Verve Condominium @ 120 Homewood Avenue
- Statlers @ 487 Church St
- The Village Pharmacy @ 473 Church Street
- Woody’s Sailor @ 467 Church St.
- Radio City Condos @ 281 & 285 Mutual Street
- WJ Properties @ 140 Carleton Street
- Wine Rack @ 77 Wellesley Street ( Church & Wellesley)
- Wine Rack @ 472 Yonge Street ( Yonge & College)
- Wine Rack @ 165 King Street East (King & Jarvis)
- Wine Rack @ 107 Cosburn Avenue ( Pape & Cosburn)
- Wine Rack @ 573 Danforth Avenue ( Danforth & Carlaw)
- Wine Rack @ 2447 Yonge Street ( Yonge & Eglinton)
- Wine Rack @ 2142B Queen Street East ( Queen & Glen Manor)
- Wine Rack @ 1235 Bay Street ( Bay &Bloor)
If your apartment or condo building would like to participate in this year’s Joy Drive please contact Robb Walker@ email@example.com or 416-506-1400 ex 240