PWA 2017 Strategic Planning Steering Committee
Member Role Description
PWA will be engaging in a strategic planning process to refresh its current strategic plan. To guide this process, PWA seeks members of our community including, PWA clients, volunteers and donors, to join staff, management and board on the strategic plan steering committee.
Role of Steering Committee Members:The role of the Steering Committee member is to provide guidance into the design and coordination of the PWA strategic planning process by meeting the member criteria and fulfilling member responsibilities as outlined below. The expected timeline for the committee would be April through until the end of October 2017.
Recruitment of Steering Committee Members: The Steering Committee will be made up of members representing PWA Board of Directors, clients, donors, staff and volunteers as follows:
- 2 board of directors
- 2 clients
- 2 directors
- 2 donors
- 2 staff
- 2 volunteers
To assist with the selection process, clients and volunteers interested in joining the committee will be asked to fill out a short application and complete a brief interview. ( available at the bottom of this communication)and complete a brief interview. All applicants will be contacted upon review of the applications and can be sent to email@example.com.
People who best fit the needs of the Steering Committee will be selected. Selection will be based on the following:
- Knowledge of PWA, and of the intersecting issues facing the many different communities of people living with HIV/AIDS in Toronto;
- Leadership experience, such as participation on boards/other advisory committees, and/or leadership (voluntary and staff) positions with other organizations;
- Leadership training such as the ETSN Peer Treatment Counsellor, PHA Legacy program, Positive Leadership Development Institute and Turning To One Another;
- Representation of the diverse communities infected and affected by HIV/AIDS;
- Passion for making a difference for people living with HIV/AIDS in Toronto.
Responsibilities of the Steering Committee Members: Steering committee members will be expected to commit approximately 20-25 hours to complete the following:
- Attend steering committee meetings;
- Provide recommendations on what key questions should be asked in the strategic planning interviews, focus groups and full planning day;
- Identify individual and groups of people living with and affected by HIV, including clients, donors, volunteers and service providers that should participate in the interviews, focus groups and/or the strategic planning day;
- Conduct interviews with identified key stakeholders;
- Help organize and promote strategic planning activities;
- Participate in the strategic planning day and post-planning day;
- Provide feedback on the strategic directions and implementation plan;
Compensation and support: HIV+ members will be compensated for their time, and will also be supported with any interpretation and/or child care needed to fulfill their responsibilities.
- $60 will be provided for meetings and events less than 4 hours;
- $120 will be provided for meetings and events more than 4 hours;
- Interpretation will be provided, as required, for all meetings and events.
- Childcare stipend, in accordance with the THN childcare guidelines, will be provided, as required, for all meetings and events.
Download the fillable pdf application form and email or fax
All information supplied in this application is treated confidentially and will only be used in the recruitment process of 30th Anniversary Steering Committee members.
Applications will be received by Suzanne Paddock, Interim Executive Director.