The Toronto People With AIDS Foundation is currently seeking a dynamic, highly motivated, results oriented Event Planning person to assist in the execution of our signature event: PWA’s Friends For Life Bike Rally and other agency events and activities.
Purpose of Position
To assist in all areas relating to the Bike Rally and support agency Philanthropic activities including Pride and 3rd Party Fundraising events.
Assignment Dates: 16 weeks, May 8, 2017 – August 26, 2017
The Bike Rally Assistant will work closely with the Special Events Co-ordinator and reports to the Director, Philanthropy & Communications.
- Work with the Director, Philanthropy & Communications and the Special Events Coordinator to determine lead and support roles for overall event and activity management.
- Coordinate event logistics including accommodations, transportation, meals, launch/finale events and overall event critical paths.
- Help train, and support a dedicated team of volunteers.
- Work with the volunteer Steering Committee to assist in managing and developing the event.
- Assist with data entry and fund allocation regarding all Bike Rally transactions, including the production of tax receipts for Bike Rally donations.
- Donor stewardship
- Work with suppliers and vendors for development and ordering of event materials
- Collect and deliver event materials, promotional documents etc.
- Help respond to Bike Rally rider and crew inquiries.
- Provide support to overall Philanthropy Department activities as appropriate.
- 40 hours of work per week including some evenings and weekends
- Direct experience with planning and executing medium and large scale events
- dynamic and energetic with a strong ability to motivate others;
- strong follow-up and attention to detail;
- ability to work collaboratively with volunteers and staff;
- knowledge of the complexity of issues relating to HIV/AIDS;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- experience with fundraising software an asset;
- exceptional computer skills;
- sensitive to issues of diversity and accessibility
- ability to perform under pressure
- Drivers licence is required
The successful candidate will possess a high level of initiative along with a demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, in a multi-task and deadline-driven environment with an ability and willingness to work outside normal work hours. .
No Phone Calls Please
Deadline for submissions is 5pm April 12, 2017
Resumes may be submitted in confidence to Mike Twamley, Director, Philanthropy & Communications
email@example.com – 200 Gerrard St. E., 2nd Floor, Toronto ON M5A 2E6 – 416-506-1404 (fax)
The Toronto People With AIDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people living with HIV/AIDS to apply for this position.
Download the pdf of this job posting