PWA Seeking Full-time, Permanent
INCOME AND COMMUNITY LIAISON
Department: Programs and Services
Revised: January 3, 2023
The Income and Community Liaison works with community members to help them attain self-sufficiency and stability by assisting them in accessing income support services including, government assistance, vocational and other relevant community programs to maintain a quality of life that is conducive to health maintenance and personal fulfillment. Through assessment, case management, referral and advocacy, the Case Manager, in partnership with the community members, facilitates access to appropriate income support resources and services.
The Income and Community Liaison works with other staff to ensure consistent and cohesive community members service and reports to the Director, Programs and Services.
Income Support Case Management
- Assesses the income support needs of community members, and in partnership with community members, develops case management plans to address their needs.
- Conducts crisis counseling and assesses immediate community members needs for community members presented emergencies.
- Determines eligibility and assists community members in applying for relevant government and community programs. When appropriate, advocates for community members in order to meet their Income Support needs.
- Refers community members to other agencies, including other AIDS service organizations, and acts as a liaison between community members and agencies.
- Demonstrates good case management skills in maintaining individual community members boundaries and files.
- Addresses follow-up issues with community members, especially relating to changes in their circumstances.
- Determines community members eligibility for PWA’s financial assistance program, completes required paperwork and advocates on behalf of community members to receive funds when appropriate.
- Responds to community members concerns in a timely and equitable manner.
- Assesses new and emerging community members trends and responds to them accordingly in consultation with other ICLs and with the Director, Programs and Services.
- Supports efforts to create systemic change in communities, systems and organizations that impact the quality of life for PWA’s community members.
Professional Development and Community Development
- Maintains updated knowledge of government income support programs and health care issues.
- Participates in meetings and trainings, and sits on committees, both in-house and on behalf of PWA. Committee work will be focused on community development with underserved populations to improve accessibility of PWA’s services.
- Develops positive working relationships with external agencies and government resources.
- Works equitably with other staff in performing necessary administrative duties required of the ICL team.
- Participates in regular team and staff meetings.
- Maintains statistical records about community members activities and program access.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Director, Programs and Services, and the Executive Director.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Extensive knowledge of the complexity of issues relating to HIV/AIDS.
- Familiarity with government income support programs an asset.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and programs offered by AIDS service organizations in Toronto.
- Understanding of life skills and case management mechanisms.
- Strong awareness of anti-oppression and harm reduction issues.
- Strong commitment to community members-focused service.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and database software.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as a support worker in health related, frontline community members service.
- Post secondary degree in a related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is designated for a female identified person and comes with a salary of $50,965.
Please submit resumes by 4:00 pm Monday January 23, 2023 to
Ian McKnight, Director, Programs & Services email: email@example.com
PWA is an equal opportunity employer, and we strongly encourage people living with HIV/AIDS to apply for this position.