PWA Seeking Full-time, Permanent
Director of Finance & Administration
Posting opening date: March 14th, 2022
Posting Closing Date: March 31st, 2022
PWA has a mission of engaging people living with HIV/AIDS in enhancing their health and well-being through practical and therapeutic support services and broader social change; and to inspire them to live into their dreams and discoveries.
We at PWA are on a journey of racial and social change and transformation for the ultimate benefit of people living with HIV/AIDS. At the heart of our journey is the dismantling of anti-Black, anti-Indigenous and all forms of racism and oppression, and the reimagining of a more equitable, holistic, collaborative and harmonious organization and community for people living with HIV/AIDS.
About the Position
The Director of Finance & Administration plays a key role in the strategic and operational leadership and management of PWA’s Finances and Administration, including business planning, accounting, budgeting, I.T. management and policies and procedures development.
As a member of the Senior Leadership team, reporting to the Executive Director and collaborating with the Board of Directors, the Director of Finance & Administration actively contributes to the thought leadership of the agency in fulfillment of its mission and strategic priorities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare internal monthly financial statements, annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, fundraising campaign reconciliations, financial grant reporting, and management reports
· Ensure all statutory requirements are met – charitable status, withholding payments (CPP, EI, income tax, EHT, HST/GST), and prepare annual CRA charitable tax return and other government reports in a timely manner
· Coordinate yearend audit, including preparation of working papers, draft financial statements and notes, and internal control reports, and liaise with the Board Treasurer (and Finance / Audit Committee) and external auditors
· Maintenance of accounting systems (general ledger, payables, receivables, payroll, bank reconciliation)
· Control of cash receipts and disbursements of funds, reconcile bank and investment accounts; monitor investments for optimum benefits and seek Board approval on cash flow situations
· Process and maintenance of payroll and administration of employee benefits in a unionized environment, including payments, reconciliation and reporting
· Develop, implement and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
· Manage security issues and maintenance of computer network and policies and procedures; ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation
· Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure assets are properly recorded, amortized and disposed, as appropriate.
· Supervises, supports and provides performance feedback to all Finance and Administration staff and consultant contracts, (includes regular supervision meetings, and participate with annual performance evaluations)
· Coordinates the training and development of staff.
· Supports and directs staff in achieving greater efficiencies.
· Acts as Manager on call when required.
· Supports lease and building maintenance activities and decision making processes.
· Overall responsibility for IT & telephone environment including primary liaison with IT service provider (currently Dynamix) and telephone wifi service provider (currently Fibernetics)
· Ensures appropriate security of IT & telephone systems including approving security access for staff and volunteers and ensuring adherence to appropriate security protocols by staff and volunteers.
· Selection and purchase of IT assets as needed as well as ensuring IT software is current and up to date.
· Other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
· Proficiency using Microsoft Excel, proficiency using Dynamics GP an asset
· Understanding of the complexity of issues relating to HIV/AIDS
· Commitment to dismantling anti-Black, anti-Indigenous and other forms of racism and oppression
· Lived experience of being racialized/Indigenized, living with HIV/AIDS, of 2SLGBTIQ, being a newcomer/immigrant an asset
· Excellent communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
· Scrupulous attention to detail
· Creativity in finding cost savings
· Ability to work in a flexible and informal work environment.
· Able to organize, set priorities and manage multiple tasks
· Minimum 3-year experience as a senior financial administrator or manager in a non-profit organization.
· Minimum 5 years accounting experience and strong understanding of general accounting practices, including preparing financial reports for city, provincial and federal government funders, experience and understanding of budget monitoring/analysis and financial reporting.
· Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation, or equivalent, is preferred. Consideration will be given to CPA students in good standing, who are working towards their CPA designation
· Post-secondary university degree or college diploma in related field
· Canadian Payroll Association designation (PCP or CPM) is preferred, or equivalent combination of payroll education and experience
· OAN Leadership and/or other relevant PHA (people living with HIV/AIDS) capacity building training an asset.
· A way for you directly impact the quality of life for people with living with HIV/AIDS
· A competitive salary range: $85,000 – $95,000 (based on experience level)
· Comprehensive Benefits Package including: 100%druge coverage, health insurance, life insurance, EAP paid by PWA, float days off, paid sick leave and 5 weeks’ paid vacation
· Hybrid working environment with work from home and/or office flexibility
PWA is committed to being an organization that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with HIV/AIDS, racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, members of the 2SLGBTIQ and gender non-conforming communities.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, Pedro Ribeiro Schuurhuis, Executive Assistant, by email email@example.com, or phone at 416-506-1400 ext. 211.
We appreciate your interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for submissions is 6pm, March 31st, 2022. Please submit your cover letter and resume to Pedro Ribeiro Schuurhuis, Executive Assistant, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.