PWA 2017 30th Anniversary Planning Committee
Member Role Description
This year, PWA will be honoring its 30 anniversary. To help us create meaningful and community engaging activities for our anniversary, PWA seeks members of our community including, PWA clients, volunteers and donors, to join staff, management and board on our 30th anniversary steering committee.
Role of Steering Committee Members:The role of the Steering Committee member is to provide guidance into the design and coordination of PWA’s 30th anniversary planning by meeting the member criteria and fulfilling member responsibilities as outlined below. The expected timeline for the committee would be April through until the end of December 2017.
Recruitment of Steering Committee Members:The Steering Committee will be made up of members representing PWA Board of Directors, clients, donors, staff and volunteers.
To assist with the selection process, clients and volunteers interested in joining the committee will be asked to fill out a short application ( available at the bottom of this communication)and complete a brief interview. All applicants will be contacted upon review of the applications and can be sent to email@example.com.
People who best fit the needs of the Steering Committee will be selected. Selection will be based on the following:
- Knowledge and history of engagement with PWA, and of the intersecting issues facing the many different communities of people living with HIV/AIDS in Toronto;
- Leadership experience, such as participation on boards/other advisory committees, and/or leadership (voluntary and staff) positions with other organizations;
- Leadership training such as the ETSN Peer Treatment Counsellor, PHA Legacy program, Positive Leadership Development Institute and Turning To One Another;
- Representation of the diverse communities infected and affected by HIV/AIDS;
- Passion for making a difference for people living with HIV/AIDS in Toronto.
Responsibilities of the Steering Committee Members: Steering committee members will be expected to commit approximately 20-25 hours to complete the following:
- Attend steering committee meetings;
- Provide recommendations on key activities and events to honor our 30th anniversary;
- Identify individual and groups of people living with and affected by HIV, including clients, donors, volunteers and service providers who should participate in anniversary activities;
- Help organize, promote and participate anniversary activities;
Compensation and support: HIV+ members will be compensated for their time, and will also be supported with any interpretation and/or child care needed to fulfill their responsibilities.
- $60 will be provided for meetings and events less than 4 hours;
- $120 will be provided for meetings and events more than 4 hours;
- Interpretation will be provided, as required, for all meetings and events.
- Childcare stipend, in accordance with the THN childcare guidelines, will be provided, as required, for all meetings and events.
Download the fillable pdf application form and email or fax
All information supplied in this application is treated confidentially and will only be used in the recruitment process of 30th Anniversary Steering Committee members.
Applications will be received by Suzanne Paddock, Interim Executive Director.